ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Kid Rock Attacks Own Fans

MiSfit
    MiSfit

Moderator Of The MonthMod Of The Month

Kid Rock Attacks Own Fans Empty Kid Rock Attacks Own Fans

Post by MiSfit Wed 16 Feb 2011 - 9:46

Kid Rock Attacks Own Fans

Kid Rock this week conveniently forgot his infamous "no-show" at the Download Festival in 2008 when he posted a furious response to criticism on his official website claiming he had "never missed a show."

The American Bad Ass was scheduled to play the Download Festival on the legendary site of Donington Park almost three years ago but apparently walked out of the arena before his scheduled slot time.

Just last month Download Festival booker Andy Copping revealed how Rock, real name Bob Ritchie, has admitted he made a mistake by not playing his set that day and that he’d love to invite the star back to the festival.

This week Rock aimed a blistering blast at his own fans after they accused him of being greedy for failing to cancel a show in Little Rock despite authorities in the State of Arkansas issuing a severe weather warning and advising residents to stay at home.

Rock braved snow storms and drifts reported to be up to two feet deep in places to honour his scheduled show which prompted an angry reaction from fans who were unable to make it.

And he hit back with an angry statement on his website from the dressing room at the arena, with a pledge to refund any fans who couldn’t make the show.

He wrote:

"It’s this simple. If you bought ticks to tonight’s show and can’t make it, You Will Be Getting A Refund, Straight Out Of My Pocket. I’ve never ripped any of my fans off, Ever! I have also Never missed a show. I know there are people who drove here from Memphis and Oklahoma, been in there cars all day driving and dealing with this sh-tty weather, the same as me and my band have the Whole Tour.

"You so called ‘fans’ on my website bitchin’ and moaning and saying I’m greedy, can Go F-ck Yourselves, plain and simple. Throw out my CDs and lose my number, I don’t want drama kings and queens like you all anywhere around myself, band, crew, family or my fans.

"Thank you to the real fans who not only understand my situation but defended me. It’s not easy to tour in these conditions and also be stuck on the road with a teenage son at home and in high school. I make a lot of money, no question, but I’ve never ripped anyone off to do it. I have sacrificed a lot to live this dream and play music for all of you.

"I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but the fact remains. To the people who made it to tonight’s show, I Won’t Let You Down. Now, time to make a set list and get ready to Rock. Hope everyone travelling gets here safe!! Kid Rock (straight from the dressing room!)"

And true to his word details to claim a full refund were posted on Rock’s official site the following day.

"If you were unable to attend the show, you will be able to receive a full refund. Starting at 12 noon CST today, Friday, February 11, refunds will be given by returning to your original point of purchase. Refunds will be offered until 5 pm. on Friday, February 25, 2011."

Thanks for the report to RockAAA.com.

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 0:51