ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

SynthAxe, the mother of all MIDI guitars?!

zeeleey
    zeeleey

SynthAxe, the mother of all MIDI guitars?! Empty SynthAxe, the mother of all MIDI guitars?!

Post by zeeleey Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 11:43

SynthAxe, the mother of all MIDI guitars?! Synthaxe
    Looking again for some information on Roland GR33 guitar synthesizer, I found THIS THING, cause I have no idea how to call it. It is some kind of guitar-like instrument because it has a fretted neck and a guitar like “modus operandi”.

OK, actually it is called SynthAxe and it consists of a MIDI guitar like controller. Seems that SynthAxe was invented somewhere around 1984(?) by Bill Aitken.

If you ask yourself who would use such a thing, well, think again, my friends! And wonder! Al Di Meola had one, Allan Holdsworth had two such things!Yep! Two!

He must have had a nephew in love with guitars, I think it makes a great gift for birthdays. Look, buddy, I’ve got you a present! And it really plays! And I couldn’t resist the temptation and I’ve got one for myself too, now we could play together!! (Damn, here play has such an overloaded meaning!!!)
    SynthAxe, the mother of all MIDI guitars?! Axefig1
    Here’s a video demonstration of how it actually sounds. I don’t know how playable it is, but I do appreciate the angle of the neck that gives me the impression that you can “operate” it better. Or should I say again PLAY better?
    source:.guitarflame

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 4:21