ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Steven Tyler Said No To Led Zeppelin

MiSfit
    MiSfit

Moderator Of The MonthMod Of The Month

Steven Tyler Said No To Led Zeppelin Empty Steven Tyler Said No To Led Zeppelin

Post by MiSfit Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 18:11

Steven Tyler Said No To Led Zeppelin.

In 2007, when Led Zeppelin’s former vocalist Robert Plant would not return to perform with the band for a reunion tour, the current members of the group (Jimmy Page on guitar, John Paul Jones on bass, and Jason Bonham on drums) searched for other singers to fill the role. One of the potential candidates for this position was Steven Tyler, lead singer of Aerosmith.

Recently, on Howard Stern’s radio show, Steven Tyler talked about potentially being the frontman for the legendary rock group and about his experience auditioning and jamming with the band.

“I went over and played,” Said Tyler. “So not only have I sung to Paul McCartney, but I’ve played with Led Zeppelin. I’m in heaven.”

After Aersomith guitarist Joe Perry said that “Page felt really awkward about the audition”, most people assumed that Tyler’s performance just didn’t cut it. But the singer said things went differently, claiming that he was invited to be an official member of Led Zeppelin but chose to remain in Aerosmith instead.

“I looked Jimmy in the eyes and it came time for him to say, ‘You want to write a record with me?’ I went, ‘No.’ I’m in Aerosmith. He’s in the biggest band in the world and I’m in a band like that. I have such an allegiance to my band and I love it so much.”

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 7:43