ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Sex Pistols Demo On Ebay At $23,000

MiSfit
    MiSfit

Moderator Of The MonthMod Of The Month

Sex Pistols Demo On Ebay At $23,000 Empty Sex Pistols Demo On Ebay At $23,000

Post by MiSfit Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 5:20

Sex Pistols Demo On Ebay At $23,000

Sex Pistols Demo On Ebay At $23,000 6_r146223

An original acetate for the Sex Pistols record "God Save The Queen" is up for auction on Ebay. There's still two days of bidding left, but the current price? $23,000.

From the listing:

"This is for a 100% genuine acetate of the Sex Pistols 'God Save The Queen'. This is not a copy, South African or a dodgy A&M but the real deal. A UK 7" cut onto 10" one sided Townhouse acetate, possibly the only surviving one in existence."

"I have had it for over 22 years and I purchased it from Phillips of London Auction House. It comes in it's original 10" studio sleeve and plastic cover with the lot number from the auction. I even have the original catalogue!"

An acetate is similar to a vinyl record in the sense that it will play on a record deck, but is usually used as a cheap test pressing before going into full vinyl production. They are exceptionally rare - not only because few are printed, but because the stylus on a record desk will wear the music out.

In other auction news, Prince has sold a Fender Stratocaster to F1 racing champion Lewis Hamilton for $100,000 to raise money for arts and education charities, while John Lennon's handwritten lyrics to "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" is currently on auction and expected to go for at least $200,000.

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 7:40