ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

Slayer Put On 'The War Face'

MiSfit
    MiSfit

Moderator Of The MonthMod Of The Month

Slayer Put On 'The War Face' Empty Slayer Put On 'The War Face'

Post by MiSfit Tue 26 Apr 2011 - 7:40

Slayer Put On 'The War Face'

Slayer Put On 'The War Face' 6_r147042

It’s been an intense year or so for metal titans, Slayer. The Huntington Park, California band have hit audiences far beyond their previous reach on the wildly successful Big Four tour, alongside Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. On the flip side, the group have suffered through back surgery, vertigo and flesh-eating spider bites, as well. Still, frontman Kerry King is grateful for the position the group finds itself in.

“We are making relevant, good music,” he told MyDesert.com. “We're still putting on good shows and having fun. That's what it's all about.”

With spider-bitten co-guitarist Jeff Hanneman reportedly on the mend (“He seems to be getting better from what I hear,” he said), King set his sites on this past weekend’s Big Four gig at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, near the group’s hometown.

“The tornado is coming,” he said ominously. “I've always lived in California, so that show is definitely important to me. The war face will be on. I don't want to suck in front of my friends.”

Early reports from Indio are that the metal legends most certainly did not.

Thanks for the story to Gibson.com.

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 5:56