ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

ONE STOP MUSICSTATION

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Site ContainS Music Around The World NEWS>INFO>SOFTWARE>AUDIO>VIDEO>TUTORIAL>PC AND MOBILE RELATED SOFTWARE>WALLPAPER>SCREENSAVER>MUSIC TAB>TIPS N TRICKS>VOCALS>BANDS AND MUCH_MUCH MORE..COME AND JOIN US ..AND BE PART OF OUR COMMUNITY..

The Vaccines Jump-Start Rock 'n' Roll in Brooklyn

Supernatural
    Supernatural
    Admin

The Vaccines Jump-Start Rock 'n' Roll in Brooklyn Empty The Vaccines Jump-Start Rock 'n' Roll in Brooklyn

Post by Supernatural Mon 24 Jan 2011 - 6:38

The Vaccines Jump-Start Rock 'n' Roll in Brooklyn The-vaccines-1-23-11-1295821135
    Over the years, rock 'n' roll has constantly reinvented itself in new and interesting manifestations after being pushed from the spotlight by psychedelic, country-rock, glam, disco, punk, new wave, hair bands, pop and the ever-changing fickle nature of the music loving public. Rock 'n' roll always comes back, rising like a phoenix, undaunted and determined to start anew, converting non-believers to its cause. Watching the Vaccines on stage Saturday night (Jan. 22) at Grasslands Gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, it's impossible not to be reminded of the natural cycle of music, and the fact they're riding the crest of the inevitable next wave of rock 'n' roll.

As always, it all starts with a deep love of music and a hot, sweaty dive bar crammed to the walls with the curious, the devoted and soon-to-be converts. Guitarist Freddie Cowan is down-to-earth about the whole thing, because a life in music was all he ever wanted to do, and it started with listening to the great classic rock 'n' rollers. "As far back as I can remember, there was lots of music," Cowan says. "Johnny Winter, Muddy Waters. And, then the rock 'n' roll, Scotty Moore, Cliff Gallup, Gene Vincent." Cowan lights up with excitement. "Gene Vincent's guitarist Cliff Gallup is my favorite guitarist. He's brilliant." And, of course, growing up, there was access to instruments. "There were always a couple of guitars in the house, my dad had really good musical taste."

Drummer Pete Robertson grew up with a similar passion for music, wrapped in the memories of childhood. "I spent my early years growing up in California actually, and every time I hear 'Romeo and Juliet' by Dire Straits, I'm back in that area," he explains. "It's nice to feel that nostalgia [for music], and I think for that reason I did have an 'Aha!' moment when there was something inside me, and it was probably when I saw the music video for [Nirvaba's] 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' with Dave Grohl, his hair is going everywhere, and he's such an incredible drummer. It was a big deal."

Tearing through the setlist of songs from their forthcoming release, 'What Did You Expect From The Vaccines?' each song was a testament to the fact that the Vaccines have reached back into their musical past in order to move into the future. That's the great thing about rock 'n' roll--it's resilient and enduring because it's important in people's lives. It pushes us in new directions. It defines us in ways that give us hope, make us laugh, cry, get angry, give us pause to think, get us dancing and ultimately bring total strangers together on a cold night in a cramped room to listen to four people sing and play music. John Lennon once predicted that rock 'n' roll would die one day. But, if the Vaccines have anything to say about it, it'll be alive and kicking for a little longer.

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 9:50